From KQED.org, “Farm Labor Conditions,” 31 Mar 2011.
A new report by the United Farm Workers and food service company Bon Appetit Management asserts that health and safety protections for U.S. farmworkers are inadequate and rarely enforced. On this Cesar Chavez Day, we get an update on conditions for farmworkers in California.
[Click on ► to listen to program audio below.}
Host: Scott Shafer
- Juan Santiago, president of the Central Valley Youth Association and former farmworker
- Barry Bedwell, president of the California Grape and Tree Fruit League
- Don Villarejo, founder and director emeritus of the California Institute for Rural Studies
- Erik Nicholson, national vice president of United Farm Workers
- Maisie Greenawalt, vice president of the Bon Appetit Management Company
- Manuel Cunha, president of the Nisei Farmers League